Vomiting could be caused by a 24-hour stomach bug, food poisoning or a hangover. No matter what the reason is, vomiting can leave you feel miserable and take away all of your energy. The good news is that there are 10 efficient home remedies that will help you to stop vomiting and make you feel better in the same time. Too much vomiting can easily result in dehydration, so don’t forget to drink plenty of water, whenever you can.
10 efficient home remedies to stop vomiting
- Ginger root: the healing properties of ginger have been discovered by ancient Asians and since then, it is being used for digestive issues. Chewing a piece of ginger root will help you to ease vomiting. Ginger is well-known for its anti-emetic properties as well. If you don’t like how ginger tastes, you can combine it with a spoon of honey while chewing it.
- Mint leaves: drinking a cup of mint tea, instead of opting for ready-made herbal teas is a good idea to stop vomiting. In combination with drinking mint tea, you can also chew fresh mint leaves, if you want to ease vomiting even more.
- Vinegar: even if it sounds strange, but vinegar can indeed ease vomiting. Vinegar is surely efficient, but you need to be careful not to smell it too much, because that will immediately make you run in the bathroom and throw out again. One teaspoon of apple cider vinegar diluted in half of cup of water will perfectly do the job. You need to use this solution to rinse your mouth and this is how you will be able to avoid vomiting.
- Cinnamon: is a well-known and efficient home remedy for nausea and vomiting. This is why pregnant women in their first trimester are given cinnamon often. Take a small piece of cinnamon and put it in a cup of boiling water for approximately 10 minutes. Use one tablespoon of honey for sweetening your cinnamon tea. Drink slowly this tea three times a day and you will stop vomiting.
- Rice water: is everything that your body needs, when you are vomiting, you have a stomach infection or you are suffering from gastritis. In a cup and half of boiled water add one cup of rice. When the rice is ready, take it out the water and drink the cup of water slowly – see how you will gradually stop vomiting!
- Onion juice: represents an ancient cure for vomiting. It not only stops vomiting, but stops the unpleasant and accompanying nausea effect (that automatically comes with vomiting) in the same time. Prepare the juice of an onion and take in one teaspoon of this fresh juice. Then drink a cold peppermint tea too. Onion and peppermint together will heal your stomach.
- Cloves: are well-known for their antiseptic properties that efficiently heal the digestive system. In this case, you will have to chew several raw cloves. If you don’t like their taste, you can take one spoon of honey as well, while chewing the cloves.
- Milk: is good for your stomach. You need the dry piece of toast that you mix with warm milk. Eat this mixture slowly and you will stop vomiting.
- Cumin seeds: grind cumin seeds until you obtain one and half of teaspoon of cumin powder. Add the powder in a glass of water. Once you stir it, you can consume it. Once consumed, you will feel the positive effects instantly.
- Aniseed: has a lot of medicinal properties, including its ability to stop vomiting. It’s actually one of the best home remedies for stopping vomiting. Chewing aniseed is enough for feeling the positive effects immediately. You can also choose to prepare aniseed tea and drink it.
All these 10 home remedies and very good when you are willing to stop nausea and vomiting. If your vomiting is not eased with 24 hours after trying any of these powerful home remedies, you are highly recommended to consult your doctor right away. Besides practicing these 10 home remedies for vomiting, drinking plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated all the time is something crucial in the same time! Don’t forget that dehydration might sometimes be fatal!